As soon as you hear that you are aging parent is one of the approximately one million people throughout the United States currently living with Parkinson’s disease, you know you will be making a wide range of decisions and plans. As a family caregiver, it is up to you to create a care and management approach tailored toward helping them deal with their disease, but also continue to enjoy a high quality of life as they age. While there are many decisions you make, one of the most meaningful can be whether to start senior care for them. A senior home care services provider can step in to provide customized care for your senior now, and into the future as they continue to progress.
Some of the reasons having a senior care provider in the early stages of progression of Parkinson’s disease can be beneficial for your aging parent include:
- Getting your parent accustomed to the idea of care, and to receiving that care, which will help them to be more cooperative and willing to accept the care later in their progression
- Allowing your parent to establish routines to support daily functioning and independence
- Helping your parent to maintain their independence through services such as transportation that help them run errands, attend activities, participate in clubs and organizations, and more
- Helping your parent to feel safer and more confident in their own home, especially if they have begun struggling with mobility challenges, such as compromised balance
- Preparing your senior for the progression of their disease. There is no way to know for sure how quickly your parent will progress through their disease, or what symptoms they will face. With a senior home care services provider around, your parent knows they have access to adaptable, responsive care designed to meet these challenges and need as they come
Starting senior care for your aging parents at the beginning of their progression with Parkinson’s disease is not just beneficial for them. As their family caregiver, this can be one of the most meaningful and influential decisions you can make for your own health and well-being as well. Having the customer services of a care provider available ensures you can have the flexibility in your schedule and time you need to manage the other responsibilities and obligations in your life. This also gives you the opportunity to focus on yourself and the other relationships that are important to you, protecting your physical health, as well as your mental and emotional well-being.
If you or an aging loved-one is considering senior care in South Portland, ME please contact the caring staff at CareTree Healthcare today. Call today! 207-899-0774
- Is it Possible to Get Better at Accepting Assistance? - February 20, 2020
- What Can You Do to Facilitate Difficult Conversations? - February 6, 2020
- Where Can Elderly Care Take Your Parent? - January 23, 2020